Benedict Polizzi wore the outfit in celebration of his 35th birthday. Reality star unveils shocking costume as stabbed Mark Sanchez
Benedict Polizzi wore the outfit in celebration of his 35th birthday.
Reality star unveils shocking costume as stabbed Mark Sanchez
Benedict Polizzi wore the outfit in celebration of his 35th birthday.
By Emlyn Travis
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/Emlyn-Travis-author-photo-cba6765b433b4f93b9398d18053153b1.jpg)
Emlyn Travis is a news writer at **. She has been working at EW since 2022. Her work has previously appeared on MTV News, Teen Vogue, and *NME*.
EW's editorial guidelines
October 29, 2025 6:29 p.m. ET
Leave a Comment
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/Benedict-Polizzi-FBOY-Island-premiere-2023-Mark-Sanchez-SoFi-Stadium-102925-51320458c3f144e89452004271e2b576.jpg)
Benedict Polizzi at the "FBOY Island" Season 3 Premiere Watch Party in October 2023 in Los Angeles; Mark Sanchez in September 2023 in Inglewood, California. Credit:
Gilbert Flores/Variety via Getty; Ric Tapia/Getty
Comedian Benedict Polizzi is celebrating his birthday with a shocking costume.**
On Tuesday, the *FBoy Island* alum posted an Instagram photo of himself dressed as a stabbed Mark Sanchez as part of his 35th birthday festivities. The costume comes less than a month after Sanchez, a former NFL quarterback and Fox Sports analyst, was stabbed during an alleged altercation in Indianapolis and later arrested.**
In the image, Polizzi can be seen sporting a New York Jets jersey with the number six — Sanchez's former number — displayed across the front with a large red patch across his abdomen. He completed the outfit with a pair of white game pants, sneakers, and a football in hand. **
"it's my bday😭," Polizzi captioned the image. "Meanest comment gets pinned."
Representatives for Sanchez did not immediately respond to *'*s request for comment. In a statement, Polizzi told EW, "Go Jets!"**
Sanchez, 38, was arrested around 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 4 after allegedly getting into an altercation with a 69-year-old truck driver in an alleyway that resulted in the athlete getting stabbed and the driver suffering lacerations to the cheek. Both men received medical treatment at the time, with Sanchez described as being in stable condition following his injury.
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department later announced that the *Masked Singer *alum had been charged with three misdemeanors — battery with injury, unlawful entry of a motor vehicle, and public intoxication — before upgrading the battery charge to a felony. If convicted, the charge carries a sentence of one to six years in prison. **
Former NFL coach Rex Ryan breaks down on ESPN after learning of player Nick Mangold's death at 41
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/Nick-Mangold-Rex-Ryan-102625-4332ac26dd854b12b1a24152adeb460b.jpg)
Mark Sanchez, Fox Sports analyst and 'Masked Singer' alum, arrested after getting stabbed
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/Mark-Sanchez-100425-3-67ee7f899aa34aabb7c6330401a37995.jpg)
Sanchez, who was in Indianapolis for a Fox Sports appearance, was caught on video approaching the driver's door of a large truck by a nearby hotel, according to a probable cause affidavit reviewed by EW. He opened the door and began conversing with the man inside the vehicle, who told police that he struggled to understand Sanchez because he wasn't wearing his hearing aids at the time. **
The video allegedly goes on to show the driver walking away from Sanchez, who begins to chase after him before "grabbing and throwing [the man] towards the wall of the Westin," police wrote in the affidavit. "Mr. Sanchez is then seen throwing [the man] to the ground on the west side of the alley." **
The driver also told police that he allegedly pepper-sprayed Sanchez, who wiped it away, before using a knife to strike the former athlete two to three times. It was then, he claimed, that Sanchez fled.
***Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with our EW Dispatch newsletter.*****
"This incident should never have happened," Marion County prosecutor Ryan Mears said in an Oct. 5 Instagram statement. "What began as a disagreement between a 38-year-old former professional athlete and a 69-year-old man should not have escalated into violence or left anyone seriously injured. As with any case, we will follow the facts and the law wherever they lead."
Fox Sports also addressed the incident following reports of Sanchez's injury.
"Mark Sanchez was injured in Indianapolis on Saturday and is currently recovering in the hospital in stable condition," the company said. "We are deeply grateful to the medical team for their exceptional care and support. Our thoughts and prayers are with Mark, and we ask that everyone please respect his and his family's privacy during this time."
A Dec. 11 trial date has been set for the case, PEOPLE reported.
Source: "AOL Celebrity"
Source: Astro Blog
Full Article on Source: Astro Blog
#LALifestyle #USCelebrities